Popper Fishing in Panama
Popper Fishing in Panama is one of the most exciting, interesting and amazing fishing methods we can offer you. On the one hand we are on the hunt for one of the most powerful fish in the Pacific Ocean – the Yellowfin Tuna. Our trail leads us to the legendary Hannibal Bank between the islands of Montuosa and Coiba on the Gulf of Chiriquí. Here we’ll find underwater rocks and deep drop offs up to 3000 ft. From the beginning of February until June this area is rich in microorganisms that attract a huge amount of smaller fish like Bonitos, Blue Jacks or Mackerels, coming to spawn. They are followed by different kinds of dolphins and tuna, which hunt all together and produce the experience known as “feeding frenzies”. We are looking for those spectacles and fish for the Yellowfin Tunas on Poppers, Stickbaits or metal jigs.
Popper fishing until your arms hurt. On the other hand we will also lead you to the different small islands in the Gulf of Chiriquí (Islas Secas, Isla Parida, Isla Ladrones). Fishing the rocky reefs around these islands, we target our favorite fish, the Roosterfish. A powerful and hard-fighting game fish, which makes long runs and usually jumps out of the water. Reaching a maximum weight of over 100lbs. This is a strong opponent to defeat. Poppers between 15 – 22 cm are ideal to catch those wonderful looking fish.
Of course we also frequently catch Cubera Snapper. Once hooked, it only thinks of hiding under the rocks in order to break your line. That’s why we recommend strong and powerful fishing gear to target these big Cubera Snappers.
While popping around the islands you will also catch Bluefin Trevally, Jack, Amberjack, Barracuda, Dorado and many other hard fighting game fish.
We offer you a special ‘Little Big Game’ fishing package. You can choose from 3 – 6 fishing days. Lodging will be in the award-winning Hotel Bocas del Mar, TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice winner 2014 and 2015. (Of course more or less fishing days are available on request).
The fishing package includes:
- ‘Meet and Greet’ at David Airport (Enrique Malek International Airport) after your domestic flight from Panama City (flight time ~ 45 min).
- Transportation from David to Tropical Sportfishing Panama in a comfortable private vehicle.
- Lodging in an air-conditioned large Bungalow with free WI-FI, satellite flat screen TV.
- Complimentary breakfast in the restaurant each morning.
- Experienced English, Spanish, French and German speaking captain and mate.
- Full day popper fishing on our 26 ft twin Yamaha engine 150 HP center console fishing boat with world-class fishing tackle, fuel and bait.
- On-board lunch, snacks, fresh tropical fruit, soft drinks, beer and water.
Please call or email us for the latest deals. Sometimes up to 20%.
* Prices per person in US Dollars.
* All rates are based on single, double or triple occupancy (except Duplex Style Guest Room: 4 Persons).
* Payment methods are as follows: 1/2 of the package price is required for a deposit when the reservation is made. The remaining balance must be paid 30 days prior to the scheduled trip.
* Cancellation policy: Cancellations made beyond 30 days will receive a refund minus a 20% administration fee. No refunds for cancellations made within 30 days.
* If you would like to fish longer or stay longer at the hotel without fishing you are very welcome. We can prepare special packages upon request.
* Family rooms on request available (link).
** Please note that you need at least 6 months before your passport expires to gain entry into Panama.
*** Conditions & rates subject to change without notice.